Extract annotations in Zotero formats "[[text]]" into "\[\[text\]\]" (wish a link in Obsidian)

edited August 26, 2022
Hello,

I managed to setup Zotero with Zotfile, Better BibLaTex and Mdnotes to extract annotations from pdf documents and export them into a markdown that is stored in my Obsidian vault.

I wish to format annotations in pdf documents such that they will be automatically recognized by Obsidian as a link. Unfortunately, "[[text]]" is changed into "\[\[text\]\]". I am sure there is a logical explanation for this (that I don't understand yet).

Anyone any suggestions how to type annotations in pdf documents such that they will be recognized as link in Obsidian (using "[[ ... ]]")?

Thank you in advance,
Jos
  • edited August 27, 2022
    It seems that the link works when the default settings are used and that the issue is caused if the extensions.zotero.annotations.noteTemplates.note is changed from <p>{{citation}} {{comment}}</p into <blockquote>{{citation}} {{comment}}</blockquote>.

A solution that seems to work is to make the text italic: <blockquote><i>{{citation}} {{comment}}</i></blockquote>
  • edited August 27, 2022
    We changed the Markdown exporter a few days ago to not escape brackets.