Jumping selected item after a quick search

edited August 23, 2022
When I select an item just after a search, after a few seconds, the selection jumps back to another item which was already selected in the main pane before the search.

Here are two examples showing this jump:
Debug ID D714875630
Debug ID D103873883
I have disabled all plugins to produce these Debug IDs.
Windows 10, Zotero 6.0.13-beta.2+3abd72095

1) I find a search for which there are 2 results in my library: Item 1 & Item 2
2) I first select one of the results in my library: Item 1
3) I do the search from the Quick Search box.
4) I quickly select the other other than the one selected before the search: Item 2
5) After around 2-3 seconds, the selection jumps back to Item 1.

Is there a time period after a search during which it is not possible to select one of the items in the search results? Or is it a bug?

Edit: It can also jump twice, if you try to select Item 2 a second time after the section has jumped to Item 1:
Debug ID D89139215
  • I am still facing this problem in the latest Zotero 6.0.17-beta.1+b9a5fd9f7.
    I have tried to understand what is happening. It seems that the search results appear in multiple steps, with Zotero deciding to update the selected item multiple times after the search results appear. I always need to be very careful to wait around 5 to 10 seconds to make sure that the search results are stable. Whatever I do before the full process is completed is unstable.
    This leads to many problems, like tagging the wrong item, deleting the wrong item, needing to reselect 3 times exactly the same item if I want to see its metadata, ...
    Is there any way to avoid this problem?