Can not import from old zotero.sqlite to new Zotero on Ubuntu 20. error report 1870101998

Hi, My old Zotero program does not run anymore since yesterday, for what ever reason. It was probably never installed completely, because I did not see the real Zotero-Icon, but just this wheel-Symbol. However, it worked good. To try it getting run, I decided to install the new version Zotero-snap 6.09, as well as Qnotero 2.3.1 and zotviewer 1.5.0 from the Ubuntu software pool. When I tried to import the old zotero.sqlite file, there was the error message, it can not be imported. I should check the file, whether it is ok. I sent the error message with the error report 1870101998.
For me 2 options would be ok:
1. Get the old programm run again
2. To import the data to the new programm.
Has anybody an idea?
Thanks Makrus
  • You don't import a zotero.sqlite database.

You should put your previous Zotero data directory back in the correct location so that Zotero can use it.
  • Thanks for this hint, but how to do this. Probably I will not rember where it was.
  • I'm not sure what you're asking. I linked to documentation on the data directory. We obviously don't know what you did on your computer.
  • Yes, unfortunately its not possible. I also do not remember what I did exactly. However, I created a ris file one moth ago, which I now imported to the new Zotero program. Loss is not to bad now. I guess, I should delete the old program completely? It is a pity that the new program does not import the old squlite file...
    but thanks a lot.
  • edited August 19, 2022
    You're misunderstanding this. If you have a zotero.sqlite file, that's your data. You put it in the right place and start Zotero and you'll have your library. It doesn't import because that's not the way you use that file. See Restoring Your Zotero Data From a Backup.

A RIS file isn't a backup.

I'm still not understanding what you did here or what problem you're trying to solve, but if you have your Zotero data directory from before whatever happened happened, you have your data and can continue to use it.
  • Wow, thanks a lot, that was definitely the right way.