Solution for duplicate annotations between Zotero and 3rd-party editor?

Is there a way for the Zotero PDF editor to identify and eliminate duplicate annotations (highlights, comments on highlights, standalone comments)?
(Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I failed to find it - rerouting me to that discussion would be greatly appreciated.)

I annotate PDFs both on my Laptop (Mac) and my iPad. My workflow has integrated Zotero's PDF editor on my Laptop, but in Zotero's iOS version, the PDF editor still lacks some specific features I use, which is why I still use Zotfile to send files to a 3rd-party editor on my iPad (PDF Expert, free version).
What ends up happening is that I switch back and forth between the two editors, which (repeatedly) duplicates the annotations within Zotero's editor; especially because, in my overwhelming desire for seamlessness, I end up repeatedly importing the "locked" annotations to Zotero, and then overwriting the previous version of the PDF file with an exported version from Zotero, in order to make the annotations that I made within Zotero available in PDF Expert. Eventually I amass several layers of identical annotations.

Then, the sidebar in Zotero's PDF editor, when showing annotations, lists all of these copies; and extracting annotations to a Note results in something like this:

“Social justice” (Reidy, 2014, p. 1)

“concerns justice in the production and distribution of the goods for the sake of which a people cooperates within and through the basic structure of its society” (Reidy, 2014, p. 1)

“concerns justice in the production and distribution of the goods for the sake of which a people cooperates within and through the basic structure of its society” (Reidy, 2014, p. 1)

I'm not sure if the duplication is done by Zotfile or by the 3rd-party editor, but the former it seems is not being sufficiently maintained, and I haven't been able to find the relevant settings in the latter.
Is there some obvious solution to this that I am clumsily overlooking...?

If not: Is there any way to ask Zotero to identify and eliminate duplicate identical annotations of this kind?
That way I could workaround this issue, with perhaps a small extra step, for the time being.
In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy to wait patiently for Zotero's iOS PDF editor to gradually integrate the functions I'm used to.

I realize that there are several ways I could suck it up and just make changes to my workflow to prevent this issue, but also since other annotation duplication problems seemed to have been solved quite easily (at least it looked like that to me), I was hoping there might be one for me too.

Love getting into open source, love the collaboration, hope someone can help me out.

P.S.:
I want to note that the problem is not like a specific one which I encountered several times in the discussions, for example here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/96180/
The duplicates there looked like this after extraction to notes:
“As O’Reilly discovered a long time ago, memes are for losers; the real money is in epistemes.” As O’Reilly discovered a long time ago,memes are for losers; the real money is in epistemes.
I'm pretty sure my duplicates are different.