Zotero Connector not working in Safari

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there a way to add book sections more quickly?.
  • I had not heard of Zutilo, and now I've installed it. Thank you! It definitely makes that specific process easier, so that's a win. I suppose I've been doing it wrong & missing the "whole point" of Zotero since Safari is my preferred browser, so my workflow usually starts by adding items to the Zotero app. I cannot get the Zotero Connector (5.0.93) for Safari (15.6) working on Safari on my machine despite updating to Monterey 12.5, enabling / disabling / re-enabling / re-disabling / installing / uninstalling / reinstalling / restarting / re-re-re-starting...
    : (
    Most of the time, the DOI / ISBN lookup works well for about 70% of what I'm adding, and it's not THAT hard or annoying to just enter info manually, so I have gotten into the habit of adding items within the Zotero application. I haven't yet been annoyed enough to switch absolutely everything I do to Firefox solely to facilitate adding references to Zotero, but I guess that's where I'm headed.

Thanks again for the Zutilo rec.