Style Request: Cardiff University - Harvard

Hello! I would like to be able to add the original date of publication to citations in the Cardiff University - Harvard style in line with what is possible in other similar styles (i.e. via "original-date: XXXX" in the "Extra" field). It does not appear to support this at the moment. Thank you!
  • Does the style guide prescribe a particular format for that?
  • The style guide (here: https://xerte.cardiff.ac.uk/play_4069#harvard ) doesn't seem to contemplate this. As a current PhD student at Cardiff University I believe the practice in my department is "Author Publication [Original]" (e.g., "Mellinkoff 2004 [1963]") but I'm not aware of any official policy to that effect.
  • We'd love to have something more official before putting this into a style that claims to follow the guide. Would you mind inquiring with the library (who I believe maintains the style guide)?
  • Sorry for the delay! I've just heard back from the library who have acknowledged that the style guide does not address this situtation. They have advised that an update is not possible at the moment. Would I be able to edit the style myself (i.e. locally) to enable this style of citation? And if so, how would I do that? Thank you again!