Conference Name

I just worked on a bibliography and used my standard ISO-690 (author-date, English) style and something went wrong. It now drops the conference name from all conference papers or presentations. I've checked several other styles and it seems to be doing the same thing in them.

I've downloaded the latest version and updated it. It still keeps doing this.

Does anyone else have the problem or an idea of a path to getting the conference name back in the bibliography?

For example:
This is what I got.
KISTER, H. Z., LARSON, K. F. and YANAGI, T., 1993. Capacity and Efficiency: How Trays and Packings Compare. In: . Houston, TX. 29 April 1993. Paper 24c.

This is what I should get.
KISTER, H. Z., LARSON, K. F. and YANAGI, T., 1993. Capacity and Efficiency: How Trays and Packings Compare. In: AIChE Spring Meeting. Houston, TX. 29 April 1993. Paper 24c.
  • My apologies for the question, I found the discussion thread on 'event' versus 'event-title' another thread and I've fixed the .csl file.

Perhaps this should be a global fix for all the .csl files in the normal install?
  • edited August 10, 2022
    @adamsmith, @bwiernik: Should we be bulk-replacing variable="event" with variable="event-title" in all styles? It seems like we currently have 17 independent styles using the former (all the APA ones that @bwiernik updated) and…1079 independent styles using the latter. [Edit: Actually more — I didn't test for event appearing along with other variables.] So all of those are presumably producing incorrect output in the current version of Zotero?

Should I submit a PR for this?
  • A PR would be great. The best course of action I think is to put a macro into styles To handle both options as described here https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/issues/6151

Conditional testing for the presence of “event” is trickier, but that’s a much smaller deal
  • OK, sorry, I'm not going to be able to work on the macro solution. For now, I've pushed a Zotero change to automatically replace event variables with event-title in style code passed to the processor if event-title doesn't already appear in the style.

All styles using event should now be fixed in the Zotero beta, and the fix will be included in 6.0.12 soon.
  • This fix is available in Zotero 6.0.12 now.