Digitially signing Zotero Word add-in?

Hey,

for security reasons, we are disabling all Word macros that are not digitally signed, and with that the Zotero add-on will stop working.

Is there any way to get the zotero.dotm add-on digitally signed, so we can whitelist it?

Thanks!
  • The Word add-in is digitally signed.
  • Thanks for the speedy reply!
    (NB: We are installing Zotero 6.0.10 on Win 10 with Office 2019)

If we open Word, go to File > Options > Add-Ins we see under section "Active Application Add-Ins" the entry

Add-in: Zotero.dotm
    Publisher:

So the publisher information is empty, which led me to think this is not signed. Also, the file itself is just a normal .dotm template, with author name = "Adomas Venčkauskas" - how is that digitally signed?

If I open zotero.dotm in Word and go to View > View Macros, I see several Zotero* VBA macros - again where should I look for digital signage here?

Apologies if I am missing something obvious here, I am not a Word macro expert.
  • 1. Enable the Developer tab.

2. Go to Developer → Visual Basic.

3. Select "Project (Zotero)".

4. Go to Tools → "Digital Signature…"

I suspect all the ones you see a Publisher for in File → Options → Add-ins will be .dll files, which can be code-signed like .exe files — a different process.
  • Perfect, thank you very much indeed. With that digital signature, we should be able to whitelist it.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.