Enlarging display font size in notes

Enlarging the display font size in notes is needlessly complicated.

I found an answer here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/61399/child-notes-font-size

The setting that thread mentions on the "General" tab of Zotero Preferences is gone.

I'm old, and I have trouble focusing on small text even with reading glasses (which I am now wearing). I was able to jack the font size up to 18 because I've edited browser-style config lists before. (Details in that post I linked to.)

But as an accommodation for those of us with vision problems, you should make *all* Zotero font sizes easily adjustable, individually (display and note, separately, perhaps) from the preferences, so we don't have to resort to operating-system screen magnifiers and the like. Not that many people know how to edit config lists, and many people would be scared off by the (appropriate) warning.

Thanks for contributing to a wonderful product!
  • edited August 8, 2022
    View menu → Font Size and Note Font Size

(Documented here, which is the top result for me in Google for "zotero font size". You don't need to dig through forum posts from 8 years ago. And even if you couldn't find that, you could just ask your question rather than accusing us of moving the most basic configuration option in Zotero to a hidden pref.)
  • I didn't accuse you, or, I should say, I didn't mean to accuse you, of anything.

I meant to say that the setting wasn't where it was "supposed" to be.

You pointed me in the right direction, and you all have anticipated us old folks' needs. I really appreciate it.

I was really frustrated with the problem (I was trying to type out a long quotation—like, from a book), and I went with the first solution Google found me, using the site: operator. I shouldn't have gone with such an old post, but I did. My comments were based on that.

Again, I apologize.
This discussion has been closed.