cancel button in document preferences window

I accidentally clicked the 'set document preferences' button and the appropriate window showed up. there is no cancel button or any other way to stop the process. it would be good if that could be added.

thx
  • At least in my version (Gnome and Open Office) you can just close the window using the regular x button on the top right. I'd assume that would be the same across platforms (except that it's the read dot instead of the x for Macs)
  • no buttons anywhere here in osx-land, command-w not working either...
  • grumble.
    In what situation would simply clicking "OK" not work? When you click on Document Preferences, said preferences are set to whatever you had selected before, so clicking OK shouldn't change anything.
    Generally, though, I agree that a way to just close the window would be nice - and there is obvioulsy no general reason against it, since gnome (or open office?) can do it.
  • I had a 379 page document with 1035 footnotes and just upgraded to 2.0 where the citation style I used was missing. fearing a crash I had no option but to either kill ff or click ok.

clicked the latter and waited ca. 10 mins, ff not responding in activity monitor. ultimately no crash, everything dandy, but still I would just have preferred to click 'cancel' and be done with it.

granted that is an uncommon situation, but in any case a cancel button would be nice.