Style Request: Postharvest biology and technology

I haven't find it in the style list, nor on the discussions. I've looked for other review with similar referance style, in vain.
I guess it should have a journal with same referance system in the list, but I haven't found it. It would be interesting to create a page with all the journal using the same style
thanks
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/requesting_styles
    journals with the same style are called "dependent styles" in the Zotero. They are listed in the repositor. I'm happy to add such dependent styles whenever someone mentions them.
  • Thanks to be intersest in my request.

I had allready read the page which you sent the link. it is easy to find which are dependent here http://www.zotero.org/styles (with the striked install) unfortunatly it is realy hard to know on which slyle they are dependent...
  • I'm not quite sure I understand what you need.
    If for an individual style you need to know which it depends on, you can just click on it (not the install link) and then part that has href"..." rel="source" in it is the style it depends on. But I'm not sure why you'd need that information?
    You can also unselecte the "show dependent style" box to only show independent (i.e. different from each other) styles.

I linked to the site above, because you make a style request but don't provide any of the information specified there. If you want help in making that style you'll have to do that.
  • I just thounk that paper was famous.... http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/503313/description#description

so their style is :

References
    1. All publications cited in the text should be presented in a list of references following the text of the manuscript. The number of references should be kept to a minimum. The manuscript should be carefully checked to ensure that the spelling of author's names and dates are exactly the same in the text as in the reference list.
    2. In the text refer to the author's name (without initial) and year of publication, followed - if necessary - by a short reference to appropriate pages. Examples: "Since Peterson (1983) has shown that ..." "This is in agreement with results obtained later (Kramer, 1984, pp. 12-16)".
    3. If reference is made in the text to a publication written by more than two authors the name of the first author should be used followed by "et al.". This indication, however, should never be used in the list of references. In this list names of first author and co-authors should be mentioned.
    4. References cited together in the text should be arranged chronologically. The list of references should be arranged alphabetically on authors' names, and chronologically per author. If an author's name in the list is also mentioned with co-authors the following order should be used: publications of the single author, arranged according to publication dates - publications of the same author with one co-author - publications of the author with more than one co-author. Publications by the same author(s) in the same year should be listed as 1974a, 1974b, etc.
    5. Use the following system for arranging your references:
    a. For periodicals
    Bell, C.H., 1991. Diapause and cold tolerance of larvae of Ephestia elutella. Postharvest Biol. Technol. 1, 81-93.
    b. For edited symposia, special issues, etc., published in a periodical
    Kimball, B.A., Idso, S.B., 1983. Increasing atmospheric CO2: effects on crop yield, water use and climate. In: Stone, J.F., Willis, W.O. (Eds), Symp. Plant Production and Management under Drought Conditions, 4-16 October 1982, Tulsa, OK. Agric. Water Manage. 7, 55-72.
    c. For books
    Bouwmans, G. (Ed.), 1985. Grain Handling and Storage. Developments in Agricultural Engineering, 4. Elsevier, Amsterdam.
    d. For multi-author books
    Trägård, C., 1986. Energy requirements in food irridation. In: Singh, R.P. (Ed.), Energy in Food Processing. Energy in World Agriculture, 1. Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp. 203-216.
    e. For unpublished reports, departmental notes, etc.
    Gull, D.D., 1981. Ripening tomatoes with ethylene. Vegetable Crops Fact Sheet, VC-29. Vegetable Crops Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
    6. In the case of publications in any language other than English, the original title is to be retained. However, the titles of publications in non-Latin alphabets should be transliterated, and a notation such as "(in Russian)" or "(in Greek with English abstract)" should be added.
    7. Work accepted for publication but not yet published should be referred to as "in press".
    8. References concerning unpublished data and "personal communications" should not be cited in the reference list but may be mentioned in the text.
  • this is still missing a list of differences to an existing style - at first glance starting with APA or one of the Harvard styles would seem like a good choice.
  • so the differances:
    with Harvard Reference format 1 (Author-Date)

Citation is (Hartman et al. 1999) sould be (Hartman et al., 1999)
    Bibliography is :
    Hartman, P. et al., 1999. Method and system for placing a purchase order via a communications network. Available at: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5960411.html [Accessed October 4, 2008].
     should be :
    Hartman P, Bezos JP, Kaphan S, Spiegel J.,1999. Method and system for placing a purchase order via a communications network. Available at: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5960411.html [Accessed October 4, 2008].

Hogue, C.W.V., 2001. Structure Databases. In A. D. Baxevanis & B. F. F. Ouellette, eds. Bioinformatics. Life Sciences Series. New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience, pp. 83-109.  
    should be :
    Hogue, C.W.V., 2001. Structure Databases. In: Bioinformatics. Baxevanis A. D., Ouellette, B. F. F.(Ed.), Life Sciences Series. New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience, pp. 83-109.

Kötter, P. & Ciriacy, M., 1993. Xylose fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 38(6), 776-783.  
    should be :
    Kötter, P., Ciriacy, M., 1993. Xylose fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl. Microbiol. and Biotech., 38, 776-783.

Pear, R., 2008. Crisis Puts Tax Moves Into Play. The New York Times. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/business/02tax.html [Accessed October 4, 2008].
    isn't different

Sambrook, J. & Russell, D.W., 2001. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual 3rd ed., Cold Spring Harbor, NY: CSHL Press.  
    should be :
    Sambrook, J., Russell, D.W., 2001. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual 3rd ed., Cold Spring Harbor, NY: CSHL Press.

is there any other missing information?
  • go here: http://gist.github.com/291461
    download using the "Raw" link on the top right.
    Install by dragging the downloaded file to an open FF window.
    Please report back with any problems -
    following the style guide on the journal's webpage I did not put a comma between journal title and volume - but if there's a reason to put it back in that's easily done.
  • Thanks, it is almost good. Indeed, the coma was my mistake....
    There is only one problem: It gives the full name of the revue and It should give the short one...
  • it should give you whatever is in the "Journal abbr." field of the Zotero item - at this time you'll have to fill this in manually if the translator doesn't properly fill it.
  • I see. Is there a way to fill that field automatically?
    For exemple put Postharvest Biol. Technol. for all paper from Postharvest biology and technology ?
  • sorry, no.
    Both better implementation of abbreviations and batch editing - i.e. filling out the same information for multiple items - are planned but not implemented.
  • I found an other difference: when there is two authors it gives (Lafuente & Sala, 2002) instead of (Lafuente and Sala, 2002)
  • ok, try again.
  • It is good :)

Now I wonder if it is possible that two citation side by side such as (Sastry et al., 1978)(Chau et al., 1988) could be written (Sastry et al., 1978; Chau et al., 1988)? Or should I manually change them?
  • use the "multiple sources" button in the word plugin.