Unable to download Zotero connector

Hi all, newbie to Zotero at the start of a PhD journey, very excited to get my hands on this software. However, when I try to download the Zotero connector, I'm getting an error message that reads "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Chrome Web Store. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access." Any tips?
  • Are you using a computer managed by your university? That's the only reason I can think of why you'd get that message and in that case you'd indeed have to talk to IT.
    The only quickly solution I can think of is to use Firefox, which is less likely to be locked down (though could also be, I believe).
  • Hi all, I'm having the same issue ("We are sorry, but you do not have access to Chrome Web Store. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access."). My university, in its wisdom, has now subscribed to a down-graded version of Google, which does not include the Web store (or Maps, but that's a different story).

I can install the extension on another Chrome profile owned by my personal Google address, but not the one I use for University work.

How can I use the Chrome connector across chrome profiles, or download the Connector directly to install in my desired profile?
  • edited January 12, 2023
    At one local university, after multiple individual requests to IT were unproductive, the library dean was successful at getting IT to make controlled exceptions to security protocols for Zotero.
  • @stevesuny: You'd need to talk to your IT department. Like nearly all Chrome extensions, the Zotero Connector is only available from the Chrome Web Store.