Bug report: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.moveTo]

Report id 210292641

Some kind of sync issue. using firefox (portable) v3.5.3
Syncing (or attempting to) with Zotero's own server.
It should be mentioned that sync on this machine has worked before.
  • this is actually more serious than I thought .. I am unable to add other citations to my document, because the sync has not completed.

Wishlist: a "ignore for now" when an entry is not found, allowing the user top continue inserting a different reference.
  • someone fixed a similar bug in another piece of code.... might serve as inspiration for at fix: http://archives.devshed.com/forums/mozilla-98/component-returned-failure-code-0x80004005-ns-error-failure-2292194.html
  • This is most likely already fixed in the latest dev builds, but if you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt we can make sure.
    I am unable to add other citations to my document, because the sync has not completed.
    Not sure what you mean, but you can always just restart Firefox.
    someone fixed a similar bug in another piece of code
    Unrelated.
  • I fixed the issue by doing a reset sync from the server - thus I am unable to provide a debug id beyond what's included in the default error report referenced in the first post.

I'll try to describe the problem i was referring to regarding the ability to add citations to my document:
    1. My document included a zotero reference to an article that was not included in the local replica of the zotero instance.
    2. Thus, any attempt to use zotero from within my openoffice document, caused zotero to check the integrity of existing references, and failing since it could not find a corresponding reference in the local replica.
    3. therefore, the synchronisation issue prevented me from inserting new references in my documents, since that would incur the deletion of parts of my existing references.

I do not know whether it would be trivial to include an option to "ignore" invalid references temporarily, but it would ensure that sync-related issues do not become showstoppers for productivity.
  • The error happened again today. I have made a debug log:
    The Debug ID is D947197610.

Dan, would you recommend that I upgrade to latest dev version of the extension?