[Bug] Zotero connector and Annual Reviews

edited July 23, 2022
I'm having difficulty adding the following article:

https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-anthro-121319-071409

I tried Brave and Safari and saving online or to the app, but it doesn't seem to be saving the article.

In a related issue: the save dialog comes up and just disappears, there is no indication that it failed to save until I switch to the app and search to see if the item was added.
  • It works fine for me in Chrome and Firefox, but I can reproduce the problem in Safari. We'll take a look.

(Brave should be the same as Chrome, but we don't provide support for Brave.)
  • I can confirm that it works (now) in Brave (when saving locally). I don't know why it wasn't working earlier.
  • The site uses an anti-bot mechanism that we're not able to work around in Safari due to technical limitations and bugs in Safari's extensions frameworks. (The older extension framework we use doesn't support what we need for this, and the newer one that would support this like other browsers is still too buggy to use. Safari's extension situation is unfortunately not great.)
    In a related issue: the save dialog comes up and just disappears, there is no indication that it failed to save
    We might be able to show an error, but in lieu of that an empty save popup always means nothing was saved. There's no need to switch to Zotero to check. You can always reopen the save popup — e.g., to confirm that it wasn't just slow — just by clicking the save button again without reloading the page.