Better BibTeX export error

Hi all,

I've run into an error when trying to Export Item in the Better BibTeX format. The error message is simply "An error occurred while trying to export the selected file."

(P.S. The BibTex format works fine.)

Would appreciate any help!

Debug ID: D118226179
  • I cannot access Debug ID logs, just BBT Debug log IDs. Please open an issue on github.
  • (I know the error message not very informative, but I cannot change that)
  • Hi emilianoeheyns,

Could you tell me how to generate BBT Debug logs? (Just searched in the forum and couldn't find relevant material, sorry!)
  • Help menu (in Zotero) --> Send BetterBibTeX support log
  • Thanks!

Just found that the problem disappeared after restarting with logging enabled. Perhaps an update without me noticing?

Thanks a lot anyways!
  • edited July 19, 2022
    You would have noticed the update because it requires a restart, and last release was 10 days ago.
  • I also think I would've noticed, but there seems to be no other way to explain this.

After restarting and having Better BibTex exports work normally again, I notice the message "preparing Better BibTex" popping up in the interface. Never seen that before?
  • edited July 19, 2022
    I also think I would've noticed, but there seems to be no other way to explain this.
    To me it seems there would need to be one though
    After restarting and having Better BibTex exports work normally again
    certainly given this.
    I notice the message "preparing Better BibTex" popping up in the interface. Never seen that before?
    That's been there for a while. It means BBT is starting a background export.