[Bug][Windows][Zotero 6.0.9] unable to delete trash contents

i am unable to delete trash contents from zotero 6.0.9 on windows 10 only.
using same version on ubuntu 22.04, the issue is not present.
  • What exactly happens? Have you switched away from the trash and back?
  • Right-click on trash, empty trash, progress bar starts and closes without effect.
    switching back and forth to trash from other folders also does not change anything.
  • have a look at this recording:
    https://youtu.be/0bdY9CMj5aU
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for this?
  • report ID: 1638303007
  • No, a Debug ID. Follow my link.
  • Actually, we probably don't need it. You're getting an access-denied error:
    [JavaScript Error: "The file 'D:\Paper\storage\BJQ28NUB\.zotero-ft-cache' cannot be deleted.

Check that the file is not currently in use, that its permissions allow write access, and that it has a valid filename.

Restarting your computer or disabling security software may also help.
  • debug ID: D765665571
  • both provided solutions does not solve the problem.
  • This isn't a problem in Zotero. Zotero just isn't able to delete that file, so it won't empty the trash, since that would leave an orphaned file. You'll need to figure out what on your system is preventing the deletion or delete the folder manually (though, depending on the underlying cause, it might happen for some other file as well).
  • i succeeded in deleting the trash when i ran Zotero as administrator, so i think it has something to do with folder permissions not with zotero itself.
  • Never run Zotero as administrator — you're likely to just create additional problems that you'll need to deal with later. The error message I quoted above explicitly says to check file permissions for write access. As I said, this isn't a problem in Zotero.
  • Thanks, I have figured it out, it was a problem with permissions in forlder containing Zotero data