109136998 error Invalid field 'day'

edited July 7, 2022
load the item wrong

https://s1.vika.cn/space/2022/07/07/f4ad00bb06df49499fdd84ab66bac64c

error code
[JavaScript Error: for base field" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js" line: 280}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error: Invalid field 'day' for base field" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js" line: 280}]
  • edited July 7, 2022
    Does this happen if you disable all third-party plugins? "day" is not a Zotero field, so I don't know where that's coming from.
  • Can you also provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through this error, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • No, that's a Report ID. We need a Debug ID. Follow the link above for instructions.
  • D1890310376
  • That's not for Zotero startup.
  • edited July 7, 2022
    thefollowing error

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]
  • edited July 7, 2022
    Again, we need a Debug ID for Zotero startup through the original problem — not this unrelated sync error — using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option. Nothing else is going to help us debug this.
  • D1659651602
  • another ID D859792672
  • Have you added some plugin that adds a 'day' column to the items list?
    all plugs are here
  • edited July 7, 2022
    I have the list of plugins from your error report, but 'day' is not a Zotero field, so something seems to have added that as a sortable column:
    (3)(+0000095): Sorting items list by dateModified, day, firstCreator, date, title descending for 2071 items

Error: Invalid field 'day' for base field
    getFieldIDFromTypeAndBase@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js:280:13
    Zotero.Item.prototype.getField@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js:252:19
    getField@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3843:304
    fieldCompare@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3843:889
    rowSort@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3845:467
    sort/<@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3859:83
    sort@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3857:52
    ItemTree/<@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:295:15
    This shows Zotero trying to sort by a 'day' column.

Can you go to your Zotero profile directory, open prefs.js in a text editor (e.g., Notepad), copy the full line containing "extensions.zotero.pane.persist", and either post it here or email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?

• extensions.zotero.pane.persist// This is the URI that is loaded when Zotero Standalone is opened
    pref("toolkit.defaultChromeURI", "chrome://zotero/content/standalone/standalone.xul");
  • edited July 7, 2022
    No, you're looking at the wrong file. Don't just search your computer — follow my instructions, including the links I provide. I linked to instructions for opening your profile folder. It's the prefs.js file in there that we need.
  • user_pref("extensions.zotero.pane.persist", "{\"zotero-reader-sidebar-pane\":{\"collapsed\":\"true\",\"width\":\"180\"},\"zotero-collections-pane\":{\"width\":\"288\"},\"zotero-tags-splitter\":{},\"zotero-tag-selector-container\":{\"collapsed\":\"true\"},\"zotero-collections-splitter\":{},\"zotero-layout-switcher\":{\"orient\":\"horizontal\"},\"zotero-items-pane\":{\"width\":\"904\"},\"zotero-items-splitter\":{\"orient\":\"horizontal\"},\"zotero-item-pane\":{\"width\":\"338\",\"height\":\"300\"},\"zotero-context-splitter\":{\"state\":\"open\"},\"zotero-context-pane\":{\"width\":\"461\"},\"zotero-context-splitter-stacked\":{\"state\":\"open\"},\"zotero-context-pane-inner\":{}}");
  • How about "extensions.zotero.itemsView.columnVisibility"?
  • I cant find this in prefs.js
  • Go to Tools → Run JavaScript, run this, and let me know the output:

Zotero.Prefs.get('secondarySort.dateModified') + ' / ' + Zotero.Prefs.get('fallbackSort')
  • day / firstCreator,date,title,
  • edited July 7, 2022
    OK, so it seems like you had some plugin installed that created a 'day' field in some way it shouldn't have, and either it or you selected that as the secondary-sort column (right-click on column headers → Secondary Sort), and then a normal Zotero update in the current beta cleared the DB change that the plugin shouldn't have made, and so then this started failing when the field no longer existed.

It'd be great to figure out what plugin caused this so we could reach out to the developer, since anyone else running the same plugin might run into this when the beta changes are more widely released.

For now, you can likely fix this by running this from Tools → Run JavaScript and restarting Zotero:

Zotero.Prefs.clear('secondarySort.dateModified')
  • edited July 7, 2022
    ===>undefined<=== (undefined)
  • Right, that should fix it — we didn't need the output.
  • After re-enabling all your plugins, if you right-click on the column headers, is "Day" (in Chinese, perhaps) an option anywhere? In the main list, More Columns, or in Secondary Sort?
  • https://s1.vika.cn/space/2022/07/07/47f97082e1f64a1a950e67d37448b26d
    second
    a tagging plugin seems to be causing this result. I'm going to give it back to the author
  • edited July 7, 2022
    What's the name of the plugin? We can reach out to them to discuss the technical details. They're likely doing something they very much shouldn't be doing (clearly, since it left you with a completely broken Zotero).