Question - Multiple authors cited

Using 6.0.10 beta for mac. Noting that when I select multiple works to cite using Zotero plug in for Word on Mac, the citation only picks the first one clicked, not multiple. I seem to remember that on the non-beta version, I was able to select multiple works to cite and get multiple authors in the citation. Known issue?

Mark Weiss, PhD, Univ of Miami
  • If you're talking about the classic add citation dialog and clicking the green arrow to move items to the right, I'm pretty sure it has always been the case that you can only move one at a time. That version of the add-on also remains virtually unchanged.
  • Thank you. What I am thinking about, on a mac, is shift clicking or command-clicking and selected a contiguous or non-contiguous group of articles. Then click and select create bibliography and then citations, and having the articles show up like this (Jones, 1984; Smith, 2005; Merriam, 2010)

As a citation and then when updating the bibliography, all three are added in Alpha order.

This functionality was available in the previous version. I remember using it. It doesn't seem to be possible in the beta. Correct me if I am hallucinating.

Mark
  • edited July 7, 2022
    Ah no, sorry, that actually should work (and does still work for me in the Windows beta), I just misremembered.

You've tried basic troubleshooting like restarting Zotero & Word I assume?

edit: though I'm still a bit confused about where you're doing this: When you create citations from within Zotero using create bibliography, you should get multiples, but they would just copy as text; you wouldn't get a bibliography for them.
  • So I demo’d for my class today. Some already use RefWorks because the Univ provides it for free. Anyway I’ll keep trying. I restarted my laptop and the rest. It still did t work. Just read about iOS version. Awesome. No more papership.

Thanks for the reply. Keep on keeping on.
  • edited July 7, 2022
    I still don't understand what you're actually referring to (and I'm not sure adamsmith does either) — I literally don't even know what part of the software you're talking about. You don't need to "keep trying" — if something's not working, we can help you. You're just not using terms that correspond to actual elements in the software. See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of report we'd need in order to help.

For the main citation dialog, you just type search terms and select items from the search results one at a time to add them to the citation.

If you're referring to the classic citation dialog, you need to click "Multiple Sources…" at the bottom of the window before selecting multiple items and clicking the green arrow.