sync between iPad and laptop (windows)

I am using WebDAV to synchronize the files.

I have sync issues between iPad and laptop. The change (e.g., note or highlight) in the iPad can not be shown on the laptop side after I synchronize it in the iPad. However, the change in the laptop can be shown on iPad after I click the button "sync with zotero.org".

It seems that the sync is one-way from laptop to iPad.

Could you please help me address this issue? Thank you very much.
  • You have to be using the built-in PDF reader on the desktop if you want to see PDF changes you make on the iPad.

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/annotations_in_database
  • Thank you for your reply. I found the change according to your suggestions and also replaced the old file with updated changes based on the steps "Interacting with Embedded Annotations".

May I know if there are more convenient ways to do so? The methods introduced in the link require me to replace the old PDF file if I make new changes.
  • If you're using the iOS app, you'll get the best experience by using the built-in PDF reader on the desktop.
  • Thank you.
    Do you mean there are no other ways if I prefer the external PDF reader?
  • edited July 2, 2022
    As I say above, annotations created in the iOS app are only visible in the built-in PDF reader on the desktop.

You can use an external PDF reader on the desktop and you'll be able to see those annotations in the iOS app, but it won't work the other way, because the iOS app stores annotations in the database, for the reasons explained in the link above.