Sort by Date Added descending doesn't work for child notes?

Hey there! I have my document list sorted by Date Added in Descending order, but it doesn't seem to apply that to child notes. The child notes seem to be added by Date Added Ascending. Seems like a bug?

Thanks!
  • Correction, they actually seem to be sorting by title. (I just had the date in the titles, so it appeared to be sorting by date in ascending order.

Either way, is it possible to get child notes to respond to the sort order of the list, rather than just sorting by title ascending?
  • No, child notes sorting is unrelated to the columns (which mostly don't make any sense for notes). To sort notes by Date Added, you can toggle the extensions.zotero.sortNotesChronologically hidden pref from the Config Editor in the Advanced pane of the preferences.
  • Thank you, that is an improvement, but is there a way to sort them in reverse chronological order?

Basically, I'm using the notes as daily notes, with one entry for each day. I'd like the most recent one to be at the top of the list.
  • No, sorry (though in the PDF reader it will sort child notes by Date Modified descending by default).