Word plugin stopped working--error message

I'm running Word 2003 on a Windows XP machine, Zotero 2.0b7.4, Firefox 3.5.5 and have been using the Word plugin 3.0a3 with no problems through Sunday, 8 Nov 2009, but today I went to put references into the same doc I've been working on and got this error message:

“Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox is running and try again.”

I checked the plugin troubleshooting page and I'm not running FF in no-remote mode. FF is running and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the WinWord integration toolbar a bunch of times, restarted the computer, etc. Any ideas on how to get this working again? Thanks!
  • unlikely, but to be sure - make sure you do not have FF in offline mode (in the File menu).
  • I checked, and I'm running in regular online mode. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Wish that *were* the problem.
  • Does it work in new documents? If so, see Debugging Broken Documents (or, if you don't mind, send the document or a document except to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread).
  • I did try to use it in new documents as well and it still didn't work, unfortunately. :-(
  • If there are errors under Report Errors after getting the error, please provide a Report ID.
  • It's working again! I have NO IDEA what caused it to stop working. I did check the Report Errors log and didn't see anything related to Zotero. But as long as it keeps working, I'll be thrilled--I love Zotero. Thanks for the help!