Is there a way to avoid making a separate copy when moving a document from library to shared group?

I have several questions related to annotations in shared groups:

1. I have a document with annotations, but if I move it to the shared group the paper level annotations do get copied, but the highlights and comments inside the pdf do not. Is this
expected behavior?

2. At the moment, as far as I can see, if I move a paper from my library to shared group it creates a new copy of the paper. This means that if I add new annotations in the copy in my library they do not appears in the copy that sits in the shared group and vice verse. Ideally I wouldn't want to have multiple copies of the document but just one that is part of both my library and shared collection, so that it doesn't matter from which of them I open it, I am editing the same document. Is there a way to achieve this?
  • 1. Yes. I think dstillman mentioned that they're working on workflows to make this work better, but it's a bit tricky.
    2. No, no way to do that I'm afraid (you're not the first one to ask, though).