Sage Harvard issue

Hi!

I am preparing a document for a journal that uses Sage Harvard. According to the official guidelines, a journal article should be referenced like this:

Huth EJ, King K and Lock S (1988) Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals. British Medical Journal 296(4): 401–405.

However, it seems like the Zotero Sage Harvard-style (https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:sage-harvard) adds the publisher to the journal articles as well. I import most of my articles to Zotero using the offical Chrome plugin and it seems like it adds "Publisher: xxx" to the Extra-field.

For instance, a random journal article would look like this when I use the style:

Mouse M and Duck D (1989) Adventures in Mouseton. Journal of Funny Cartoons 30(3). Disney Publishing: 200–235. DOI: 12.3456/123456789.

How do I remove the publisher?
  • edited June 16, 2022
    What URL are you getting the paper from?

Just delete the information from the extra field and it will render correctly.
  • The URL could be jstor. I got the information in the extra field in most of my journal article entries in Zotero.

I know I just could delete the information but I would prefer not to do so - just in case the information will come in handy at a later point.

I have tried to modify the CSL code myself but I am not experienced enough to delete the publisher information from only the journal articles.
  • Replace the publisher macro with this:

<macro name="publisher">
    <choose>
    <if type="thesis" match="any">
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text variable="publisher"/>
    <text variable="publisher-place"/>
    </group>
    </if>
    <else-if type="paper-conference" match="any">
    </else-if>
    <else-if type="article-journal" match="any">
    </else-if>
    <else>
    <group delimiter=": ">
    <text variable="publisher-place"/>
    </group>
    </else>
    </choose>
    </macro>

What it does is that if it's a journal article, don't print anything. Otherwise journal articles fall into the "else" with books etc.

Read this before:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • Works perfect! Thank you very much!