iOS - temporary citation when writing on an IPad/phone

Hi,

First of all - thank you for an excellent forum.

I recently made the move from Endnote to Zotero.
In my writing process I usually work on an IPad and a computer.

In EndNote I’ve been able to “copy temporary citation” and insert it as a placeholder, ie. {citation}, open it up on the computer and just press “updated references” or “refresh” to get updated references in the document.
I’m wondering if there is a way to circumvent the import/export process in RTF scan? I’m wondering if im missing a more intutiovbe and streamlined way of working?

/S

• Is your question about the iOS side of things or the desktop side of things?

RTF Scan doesn't get a lot of attention these days, though we hope to improve plain-text writing workflows in future versions of Zotero.

There's an "RTF Scan" citation style available on the styles page that you can use with Quick Copy on iOS.

In the desktop app, RTF Scan only works via import/export at the moment. It's not available via the word processor plugins, if that's what you mean, though that could happen in the future if there's interest. But generally the hope/plan would just be to add a proper word processor plugin in Word on the iPad once Microsoft provides sufficient frameworks for us to do so.
  • Thank you for your swift reply.

Absolutely perfect having a "RTF Scan" citation style. That makes it a lot more easy.

It would be great if RTF Scan was integrated into the plug in as it makes the process switching between iOS and desktop much more intuitive and quick.
    I understand the intention of releasing a dedicated plug in for Word iOS but hopefully adding the RTF Scan functionality to the desktop plugin is a good solution as it would open up the possibility of plain-text writing in more ways than one.

Thank you for all of your work, it is much appreciated!