New-ish citation interface in Word

Hi,
I noticed that the latest version of Zotero has changed how one selects a citation when adding it in Word. The new interface essentially gives a view of my whole Zotero library and invites me to select the citation. The old interface selected closest fits based on the string typed. I appreciate the precision made possible by the new interface, but is it possible to have the old version an option? It really was more useful in many scenarios, and I particularly liked that it would begin to default to citations already used in the document. The new interface seems to require more mouse movements, typing, and clicking to get to the same result. As I said, I can see the advantage of the new system in many cases, but not in all cases. I would appreciate having the option of the simpler, more streamlined, older version.
Thanks,
Tim
  • It's actually the reverse: what you think the new version is the old ("classic") add citation dialog and the new version was developed specifically with the concerns you mention in mind.
    For some reason, the option to use that was checked in your Zotero preferences in the Cite --> Styles tab. Simply uncheck it to get the old/new interface back.
  • Ah, you're right! Thanks so much!