Verify Server in File Syncing does not work

Report ID: 1043777461

My file syncing does not work under Zotero Preferences -> File Syncing. Here is the error message I get after I hit the 'Verify Server' button: Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIIOService.newURI]
  • This suggests you're entering an invalid URL.

If you can't figure it out, can you provide a Debug ID for a verification attempt that fails?
  • Thank you. Here is my Debug ID: D1510573209
  • Can you email the full WebDAV URL you're trying to use to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • edited June 6, 2022
    @gahlonh: The URL you sent is the full URL? There's no path?

Shouldn't be necessary, but what if you leave off the ":443" (which is implied for HTTPS)?

If you restart Zotero and try again, does this still happen? Have you made sure there are no spaces around the URL? Are you using a username or password with a ":" or "@"? (Again, shouldn't matter, but just to eliminate variables.) Something is causing Zotero to think you've entered an invalid URL, and that certainly shouldn't happen with just a regular https:// and domain name.
  • That is the full URL, yes. When I remove the ":443" it now gives this error message:

The WebDAV server did not accept the username and password you entered.

Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.
  • That just means what it says. I believe pCloud actually discontinued WebDAV support.
  • According to the pcloud policy, WebDAV availability is limited for pcloud premium users. We have a pcloud premium account for this reason, so our pcloud premium account should support WebDAV. Do you have any other suggestions I could try? Thanks
  • You'd have to ask pCloud. If it says the server didn't accept your username and password, that's what happened.
  • Okay, thank you.