Cannot erase RSS

D1203615466

RSS item can not be erased.
  • How exactly are you triggering a deletion attempt?

Items in feeds can be marked as read, but they can't be deleted — the view represents the feed, and they simply expire based on the settings of the feed or the global feed settings. Just pressing Delete on the keyboard should just show an alert saying you can't make changes to the current collection. But you seem to be somehow triggering a manual deletion attempt, which results in an error.
  • Or are you trying to delete the whole feed?
  • Thanks for your comment, I'm trying to delete the whole feed. It's not working.
  • How exactly are you doing that, though?
  • Right click-unsubscribe from feed-unsubscribe.
    Only this one is not working, others are fine.
  • Do you somehow have a child item beneath one of the feed items?
  • If you go to Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript and run the following code, what's the result?

Zotero.Items.get(68019).getAttachments().concat(Zotero.Items.get(68019).getNotes()).length
  • ===>1<=== (number)
  • Don't have child item.
  • No, that means you do. It’s possible it’s not being displayed. If you remove .length from the end of that and run it again, what does it show?
  • [
    "0": 68127
    ]
  • So how can I remove them?
  • How about Zotero.Items.get(68127)?
  • {
    "key": "BNMVLUVT",
    "version": 0,
    "itemType": "attachment",
    "title": "Abbasi et al_2020_New method to enhance the mechanical characteristics of Al-5052 alloy weldment.pdf",
    "url": "https://sci-hub.ru/downloads/2020-06-18//06/10.1177@0954405420929777.pdf#navpanes=0&view=FitH",
    "accessDate": "2022-01-17T03:23:52Z",
    "parentItem": "4VHWUXYU",
    "linkMode": "imported_url",
    "contentType": "application/pdf",
    "charset": "",
    "filename": "Abbasi et al_2020_New method to enhance the mechanical characteristics of Al-5052 alloy weldment.pdf",
    "tags": [],
    "relations": {},
    "dateAdded": "2022-01-17T03:23:52Z",
    "dateModified": "2022-01-17T03:23:53Z"
    }
  • It looks like you used a plugin to download an attachment for a feed item, which should never have an attachment.

Zotero.Items.get(68127).eraseTx({ skipEditCheck: true }) might clear it. Possible you'll run into the same error for other feed items, though.
  • Thanks a lot, it worked!

But there is still a problem in deleting one whole rss.

D1622849639
  • edited June 8, 2022
    Can you check again to see if any items in that feed have visible child items? This would be easier if you could see them.
  • https://liangdcimagebed.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/img/202268151109.png

Sorry, I do not know where to find child item. Is that means article feeds from this rss?
  • Scroll through the list of entries for this feed and see if any of them show as having a child item — same as the way you'd find a child attachment or note in your library.
  • Oh,I find it! How can I delete them? It says I cannot make changes.
  • Click the child item, and then run this:

ZoteroPane.getSelectedItems()[0].eraseTx({ skipEditCheck: true })
  • Thanks!!!!!!!!
    It worked.
    Best regards!
  • Alors d'accord