Inconsistent attachments being opened by default across devices

edited May 30, 2022
I have an entry with 4 attachments. The desktop app (6.0.8) correctly opens the attachment that was added first. The app on an iPad (1.0.3 build 5) opens a different attachment, and the app on an iPhone (1.0.3 build 5) opens yet a different attachment. Would it be possible to make this behavior consistent?
  • Could this be due to the files being downloaded in a different order on different devices?
  • Can you provide the URL when viewing the parent item in your web library?
  • edited June 5, 2022
    Thanks dstillman. Here's the URL to the item:

[removed — D.S.]
  • LMMZPMYW
    OK, we'll take a look — thanks.
  • edited June 9, 2022
    These files have the exact same dateAdded, so the order here is just random. On the original computer where they were first added, it's possible that the database itself uses an internal id that would cause the first file to be sorted first, but otherwise, and elsewhere, it would be entirely random.

This wouldn't happen under normal circumstances, where the main attachment would be added first. I assume these were just multiple files added to an existing parent item together, or as part of some file-based import (RIS, etc.)?

I'm afraid there's nothing to be done here until there's a way to manually select a different default PDF to open.
  • Thanks dstillman. I removed the attachments and added them back one at a time and that seems to have fixed the behavior.