Bibliography not generating; keeps getting stuck midway through 94 page doc

My bibliography keeps getting stuck on certain citations. I've updated the citations. Deleted the citations. It keeps getting stuck.

Bug ID D1465378809
  • edited May 29, 2022
    (3)(+0000001): [_updateDocument] Attempting to update manually modified citation.
    Original: (B[…], 2009, 2012; C[…], 1989, 2000; H[…], n.d.; T[…], 1998)
    Current:
    You should be getting a warning message that you modified a citation. Are you not seeing that? You'll want to reset that citation by clicking on it, clicking Add/Edit Citation, and, when prompted, saying to reset it.

If you can't find the citation (because the field text accidentally got cleared), you can toggle field codes, search for the citation, delete it completely, toggle field codes back, and reinsert the multi-item citation.
  • I did and so I went through and fixed all the unlinked citations. Also, is there a correct way to modify citations, i.e. According to Collins (1990), traditional methodologies are inadequate to explore nontraditional research. Zotero automatically does (Collins, 1990).
  • When inserting the citation in the red bar, click on that and check "surpress author".
    Manually editing these will not allow Zotero to update then and give you the error you're facing.
  • Thank you so much! I will give this a try!