Zotero iOS and the WSJ App

First, just discovered the iOS app this morning and I’m ecstatic. Thanks to the development team!

The WSJ (Wall Street Journal) app doesn’t show the “Save to Zotero” button when I select Zotero after clicking the little button with the up arrow in a square (there must be a name for that). Safari and the NYT app do show “Save to Zotero”. Am I missing something?

Thank you and thank you for Zotero.
  • It’s possible that the WSJ app isn’t showing the full standard iOS Share sheet. Zotero would appear next to the Messages icon and the AirDrop icon. Do you see those? Otherwise, tap around into some of the submenus to find those. Is there a button that says “share via…”?

(The official name of the button in iOS/macOS is “share button”, but I think “box with an up arrow” works fine.)
  • Yes, I found the Zotero app and added it to what I assume is the iOS Share sheet. Zotero appears in the WSJ app, and when I tap it, it shows a Zotero panel with “My Library” and other collections. But the “Save to Zotero” button at the top left isn’t there in the WSJ app, while it is in the Safari and NYT apps.

Thank you.
  • Ps - I do have an iOS update to iPadOS 15.5 pending, which I’ll install now in case that might matter.
  • We'll take a look. Some apps might require special handling.