Sharing/syncing attached snap shots in group collections

Hello,

This is a problem that I've noticed and that many of my students have reported in trying to work in group collections. Under certain circumstances, when you 'Create Item from Current Page' (for example), the snapshot is unavailable, even when it should be. Instead, one gets the message, "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero."

I did some testing with two "fake" accounts, molecularr and molecublar, using a group I created for testing, groupfortesting.

Group setting: Public/Closed
Library Editing: Any
File Editing: Admin Only

molecularr and molecublar are Admins.
1 - molecublar adds an item snapshot, syncs -- fine so far.
2 - molecularr syncs -> item appears in local library
3 - Attempting to load snapshot in library -> "attached file could not be found"

molecularr's debug report == D309350459
molecublar's debug report == D1962355941
  • Are both boxes checked under File Syncing in Zotero preferences on both machines?
  • Well, it was the same machine, and I'm not currently using it, but I'm pretty sure they were. In the sequence outlined above, I didn't check for issues with normal file storage (e.g. PDFs) since I haven't noticed a problem.

To move back and forth between the two accounts, I just set different storage locations and then switched between them when I switched sync credentials.
  • edited November 7, 2009
    There's currently a bug in which files in group libraries can sometimes be missed when you're not also syncing a personal library (with changes) across multiple machines. This should be fixed by the next beta.