Report ID 525713221 Failed to import

I exported my EndNote20 Library (38,904 references) to an RIS formate text file to import into Zotero on a Dell 7390 with Windows 10 OS. Import began with no evidence of problems in Task Manager, with evidence of progression of import by green progress bar for approximately 35 min (!), then gave error message 'An error occurred importing the selected file with"RIS". Please ensure the file is valid and try again'.
Questions:
Is there a limit to the number of imported records?
Should I import smaller amounts of the database sequentially?
  • Regarding previous post of failed import (Zotero 525713221 error.txt )
    I imported a file with 1,396 records with same hardware and software Dell 7390/Win10 without difficulties although it took about 5 min and Task Manager said program (Zotero) was not responding at about 90% complete as judged by green progress bar, so system and software appear to be operating correctly.
    Thanks,
    CSWingo
  • [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: out of memory" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/fileInterface.js" line: 390}]
    There's currently a memory limit in the Windows version that doesn't exist on macOS and Linux. The import shouldn't use so much memory, so we'll look into that, but for now you can just open the RIS file in a text editor, split it up, and import in multiple chunks.