After one update, there are preprint recognition, but why it doesn't have the value 'journal'?

I classify papers according to their Conf of Journal name and year, but i used to download papers from arivx first, and i manually type these information(eg. ECCV 2016 ) in the value "journal(期刊)" for better view.
But after one update(5.14 maybe), i find that zotero class papers from arivx as 'preprint', and the preprint has no "journal(期刊)", should i put these information(eg. ECCV 2016 ) only in 'others(其他)'?
  • Well I think a preprint is a paper which is not been published yet, so it should not have the "journal" property.
    If a paper has been published, it should use the journal item and you can link these items in Zotero.
    ===================
    预印本应该是还没出版的文献,正常来讲不应该有期刊条目。如果你发现它已经出版了,那你应该重新保存一下,然后把他们在Zotero里面连接起来。
  • edited May 20, 2022
    Because preprint version is always different from the published version. Albeit you can download the preprint version via ResearchGate or some way when you find a published paper. LOL
  • @xiaohy714 好吧,我只想用一个属性来保存所有pdf的发表地方和年份,就算是我手动的,不然在主界面看太多的属性,我认为不是很方便,目前看来确实只能保存在 其他 里面了
  • A published item should either be a Journal Article or a Conference Paper, generally. If the ArXiV page has journal or conference information, it should be entered as a Journal Article or Conference Paper, not as a Preprint
  • @bwiernik thanks i already overcome this problem by change the type myself, it okay