Not possible to add citations when working in a online version (One drive/sharepoint)

I've been struggling with Zotero now for a couple of weeks with different word documents. There is often this issue, that if I add a citation in a document saved
in OneDrive/SharePoint, an error appears, leading me to the bug-fixing website, where I already tried all steps. However it works perfectly if the document is my desktop.
Once I am working in a shared document, I would like to keep working online and with no need to download and reupload every time I need to add a citation. My whole team is able to do so. Why I can't. does anybody know how to fix it?
  • You don’t need to download/reupload. You can open a document in Word Desktop from the online interface or sync to your computer using the OneDrive/Sharepoint/Teams Sync button
  • I know that it is possible. but an error message appears when I do.
    "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?"
    And I have already tried what it is said in the instructions. any suggestion to correct this error?
    Thank you in advance
  • Can you provide a Report ID, as requested on Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents?

But note in particular the step about spaces in the filename when using OneDrive.
  • I had the same problem: zotero show the same message of error when trying to import a citation in word.
    First I opened a new document, it worked,
    I copy pasted my content to a new doc, it worked for the first ref then got the same message again for the second one.
    I moved the file from onedrive to the hard drive. It solved my problem so far.
  • I can't figure out how to install Zotero on SharePoint. Is there a way to work with Zotero while using a shared document on SharePoint?