Feature Idea: Navigation Bar in Note Editor

Hi all!

I've been using the Note Editor as my primary writing tool for quite a while now (I started using it because the LibreOffice Note import is still a bit buggy, but really enjoy the distraction-free writing now).

As I mostly use the editor in its own window there's relatively much whitespace on the sides. I thought adding a simple navigation menu to quickly navigate to different headings might be a good way of using that space (and it would save me a lot of scrolling through long notes).

It would be great if you could consider this (but I understand of course if you have different priorities!)
  • whitespace in the Note Editor is too large,and can we make it smaller?
  • I want a Wider full screen。It just16cm now
  • As my notes are growing longer & longer I wanted to quickly repeat this wish for an easier way to navigate them. I know that the BetterNotes add-on can provide a TOC for notes, but I'd prefer to use as few add-ons as possible (especially since I do not really need the add-ons other features).
    Maybe the navigation could be accessible via a button from the top bar in the sidebar view or on the sides of the window in the standalone view of notes.