Drag and drop not working for notes

edited May 16, 2022
Hi, it seems that I can't drag and drop my standalone notes and child note to whatsoever application (libreoffice, mail...) anymore (windows 10). I think it use to work in the past with the 6.0 beta, few months ago.

I checked my preferences with the 'drag' keyword and everything is enabled and/or true.

Alternatively, I could use the specific libreoffice extension but this doesn't work for my mails; I could also just copy paste with the keyboard from zotero environment to wherever I want. But I was curious about this, it is an issue or some effect of some new in-built markdown export features? Something missing?

PS: drag and drop work perfectly for files.
Thxs
  • I checked my preferences with the 'drag' keyword
    Not sure what you mean by that.

    Have you tried copying to a regular plain-text editor? Dragging to LibreOffice might not work.

    Can you provide a Debug ID for a drag that fails?
  • Many thank for that instant answer.
    Here it is, after trying to drag and drop to protonmail draft message: D598714194.

    About the drag keyboard, I put it in the advanced configuration editor and got 6 results : 3 related to apz, then 1 to quickCopy.drag and two others.
  • edited May 16, 2022
    (1)(+0000007): Error: Code promise is not resolved in noWait mode
    Zotero.Translate.Base.prototype._loadTranslator<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate/src/translation/translate.js:1795:11
    tryCatcher@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/util.js:16:16
    module.exports/Promise.method/<@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/method.js:15:21
    From previous event:
    captureStackTrace@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/debuggability.js:915:23
    CapturedTrace@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/debuggability.js:807:5
    longStackTracesCaptureStackTrace@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/debuggability.js:482:19
    module.exports/Promise.method/<@resource://zotero/loader.jsm -> resource://zotero/bluebird/method.js:13:9
    Zotero.Translate.Export.prototype.translate@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate/src/translation/translate.js:2582:10
    Zotero_Translate_Export_prototype_translate@chrome://zotero-better-bibtex/content/better-bibtex.js:211500:12
    Zotero.QuickCopy</this.getContentFromItems@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/quickCopy.js:273:7
    ItemTree/<@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:1992:13
    _renderItem/<@chrome://zotero/content/itemTree.js:3964:1634
    Does it work if you 1) restart Zotero and/or 2) disable all third-party plugins?
  • Works after disabling plugins -expect word and libreoffice!
    First, I just disable the last plugin I installed (cita, notero) but still wasn't working. Then I disabled everything expect word and libreoffice add-ons.
    Do you need some extra report?
  • edited May 16, 2022
    Enable the other plugins one by one (or in halves) until you find the one that causes it to break, and then report the problem to the plugin developer. I'd try BBT first.
  • Ok I started with bbt and it stops to work. So I will reach them. Thanks
  • @dstillman I still don't know what I have to do to make my translators pre-load properly so that this error doesn't occur.
  • @dstillman quick-copy is set to chicago-note-bibliography, so I am not sure why BBT is involved at all? I don't patch anything in the quick-copy path.
  • @dstillman any idea why BBT would be poked into action here? I thought if QC is set to a CSL style, BBT can't be involved.
  • edited 13 days ago
    They're dragging notes, which use export translation (e.g., Note Markdown.js). It shows your code right in the above stack trace:
    Zotero_Translate_Export_prototype_translate@chrome://zotero-better-bibtex/content/better-bibtex.js:211500:12
    Zotero.QuickCopy</this.getContentFromItems@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/quickCopy.js:273:7
  • I was just puzzled that translators were doing anything at all, but the notes translation solves that riddle.
  • edited 12 days ago
    Still - I don't know what I can do to pre-load my translators to prevent the "Error: Code promise is not resolved in noWait mode" error, and that seems to be the root cause here. I thought this fixed it, but apparently not. Would really love to get this sorted.
Sign In or Register to comment.