firefox crashes after last zotero update

OsX 5.8, Firefox 3.5.4 : since I last update of zotero, I cannot open firefox preferences - causes immediate crash of FF/ Console message says " kernel mkfifo[275] Unable to quarantine `/Users/heike/.zoteroIntegrationPipe': 1 (error suppressed)"
any ideas?
  • Try quitting Firefox, opening /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, and typing
    sudo rm ~/.zoteroIntegrationPipe
    followed by a return. When prompted, enter your OS X password. Then restart Firefox.
  • Hi simon, Thanks for the help.

I already tried removing the file with pathfinder before, but it doesn't change anything as the file is re-created each time FF is launched.

Removing the file using terminal has the same result.

When I start firefox after rm of the file with terminal, console says:
    kernel mkfifo[529] Unable to quarantine `/Users/heike/.zoteroIntegrationPipe': 1 (error suppressed)
    In the same time, the .zoterointegrationPipe file re-appears (0byte, rw-r--r-- (644))

However, FF starts, works, and Zotero does as well. Just when I try to access FF Preferences it crashes again with

"kernel mkfifo[529] Unable to quarantine `/Users/heike/.zoteroIntegrationPipe': 1 (error suppressed)
    com.apple.launchd[78] ([0x0-0x51051].org.mozilla.firefox[514]) Stray process with PGID equal to this dead job: PID 518 PPID 1 crashreporter"

When FF is started in safe mode, I have access to FF Preference panel unless I touch "Applications" - then it crashes instantly again.

other ideas? How can I prevent that the file is created?
    Thanks again, Heike