Merging references problem

Dear all,
I am trying to merge two Word documents and to make a single list of references. However, Zotero does not merge the references that are initially in both documents and creates Smith 2008a and Smith 2008b, in the text and in the bibliography as well, even though it is the same reference in my library.

Any ideas will be welcomed. Thanks a lot.
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited May 7, 2022
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation (see "Deleted Items"/"Duplicate Items" sections)
  • The thing is that I dont have any duplicate or deleted items in my zotero library. But it really seems that one of the cited references in the word document links to an non-existing item (because I cant display it in my library). How is that possible? Could it be that references inserted before the last Zotero update are different/unlinked from what i am inserting now?
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    The linked page explains this.
Sign In or Register to comment.