Too Slow Exporting Library with Zotero RDF [Solved]

edited May 1, 2022
I searched the forum a bit, but I couldn't find anything similar to my situation. Sorry if it's a known and similar topic.

Every 3-4 months I back up my entire Zotero library with its files. I started the process of exporting (notes, files, annotations) to my backup folder on my hard disk that I always had backed up before. In the past, a small fill indicator would stay on until the process was finished, now it closes early.

When I looked at the folder I specified for the export, the subfolders of the entire archive were opened, but there were 0 files. After 5 minutes, I saw that there were 15 files, after a while 30 files, then 50 files... So it doesn't seem to be processing, but it was backing up the files little by little in background.

Right now, when I open this topic, it's been about 2 and a half hours since I started the process and it was able to export 1594 of 2805 files to folders. Previously, it was doing in 5-10 minutes before the export screen was closed.

I am using export for the first time after 6.0 upgrade.

Windows 10
Zotero 6.0.6
Same hdd with my older exports

Am I making a mistake somewhere?

Thanks,
  • Oh, I tried again with unchecking notes and annotations. It was completed in 5 minutes as it used to be. It was annotations I guess. Looks like I forgot I also didn't choose it before either, it's my fault, sorry.