Zotero app for iOS very random in syncing entries

I’ve noticed that the Zotero iOS app’s syncing is a little random.
Some are synced right away from the server, but some do not make their way to the app for quite some time after they’ve been uploaded to the server from other device.

I’m checking under the “All Items” section, so it’s not a matter of looking at the right collection.

Any clues?a
  • When something doesn't sync right away, do you see it if it you pull down on the items list (to force a sync)?
  • No, I don't see it even after force-syncing multiple times.
  • i’ve gone through everything on the trouble shooting checklist.
    here is the debug ID number: D23679393.
  • edited April 29, 2022
    That sync is from over an hour after the last item uploaded to your online library, so you didn't follow some part of the instructions — you either didn't start logging before making the change elsewhere or you didn't check that the item is actually online.
  • I don't understand why it matters when the sync took place from the last item uploaded to the online library. To me it only means that the iOS app has failed to sync for over an hour.

Anyways, the new debug ID is D825993820.
  • edited April 30, 2022
    That's just another sync from iOS without having made any changes elsewhere. We can't help you unless you follow our troubleshooting instructions.

Again, this is what we ask for:
    If you're still having trouble, post to the Zotero Forums (in your existing thread, if you have one) with a Debug ID for the first sync after making a change that doesn't sync (e.g., making a change to the online library that doesn't appear in Zotero, or vice versa). Start debug output logging before making the change and keep it going until the sync has ended.
  • Sorry, I misunderstood the procedure.

I tried to follow your instruction, and the funny thing is the previously unsynced items now appear in the iOS app. I'll post again when the problem arises again.