Cannot prevent removed style from re-populating

Hi all,
I've had this reoccurring issue ever since I transitioned to Zotero. There are a number of default styles that are easy enough to remove by clicking the '-' button in the Zotero Style Manager, or by removing the .csl file in /Users/xxxx/Zotero (e.g., american-chemical-society.csl). However these always re-populate after I update the software. I only use a half dozen or so styles and I'm quite sure I'm never going to publish in some of these specialized journals. How do I remove these permanently? Thanks,
  • A whole bunch of styles, the most commonly used ones, come shipped with Zotero.
    Not sure which styles you are referring to. Can you specify?
    You can try to reset styles from the preferences.
  • @mattchoj Are you concerned about drive space and want to shrink the Zotero footprint? Do you simply want to eliminate the undesired styles to shorten the selection list?

I don't think that you can easily and permanently eliminate the "built-in" styles but one of the developers might be able to offer you instructions on a difficult way to selectively list a limited number of styles.
  • Thanks,
    No not space, they just annoying to have to remove every-time. I found a workaround, but here the ones I am trying to avoid.

_
    american-chemical-society.csl
    american-medical-association.csl
    american-political-science-association.csl
    american-sociological-association.csl
    apa.csl
    chicago-author-date.csl
    chicago-fullnote-bibliography.csl
    chicago-note-bibliography.csl
    modern-humanities-research-association.csl
    modern-language-association.csl
    vancouver.csl