Consumes so many CPU and memory

In MacBook Air 2020, zotero consumes 28% CPU and 2.42G memory, to much, highest of all process, and why the category in the task manager is intel???
  • 28% CPU and 2.42G memory
    Is the 28% while you're actively using it or while Zotero is idle? It should use no more 1-2% on Apple Silicon when idle (and <1% on Intel).

For the 2+ GB, do you have PDFs open? What do you see immediately after restarting Zotero?

Re: Intel:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/393046/#Comment_393046
  • I'm experiencing the same thing. Idle Zotero, ~10 PDFs open, haven't touched it in hours. Notice that my M1 is lagging, Zotero is using 70% CPU and a few GB of RAM. This has been happening sporadically since I upgraded to the version of Zotero with the integrated PDF editor. It's not really reproducible on-demand, but I am frequently killing Zotero now whereas I never did before the PDF version came out.
  • @jpirruccello: If you can reproduce the high memory usage, can you go to Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript, run Zotero.openInViewer('about:memory'), click "Measure and save…" under "Save memory reports", and email the file to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread? Make sure you're running the latest version of Zotero.
  • I had the same problem. I use macbook air 2020 with apple M1 chip. I normally have 4-5 pdfs open in Zotero. Ram is taking up about 1.7 GB.
  • @dstillman I ‘ve send, plus some figures
  • Thanks for the great additions in the latest betas. I noticed that after one the latest beta the memory consumption increased again above 3.5gb.
  • @zymbuzz Yes, i have a win10 as well, zotreo only takes 600M and 4%(avg, 30% highest when open new pdfs,) this is much smaller than it takes on Mac m1, so bad usage experience on mac m1, ;-(