iOS app not syncing PDF highlights / notes to Server

I've seen similar threads but didn't find any solution for me.
Highlights and notes made to the pdf file are not syncing to the server.
When I log on to zotero.org and download the PDF, the annotations are simply not there, even long after I synced from the iOS app by pulling down on the screen multiple times.
I'm using Zotero storage.
  • edited April 29, 2022
    Annotations aren't yet displayed online, and they're stored in the database, so you won't see them in a file you download manually.

Annotations made on iOS will sync to the desktop app.
  • "Annotations made on iOS will sync to the desktop app." -- Actually, they are not syncing either.
    I assumed that whatever is causing the annotations made in the iOS app not sync with the server was the problem, but I guess I'm facing a different problem.

What's the next step I should take to troubleshoot?
  • BTW, I'm using Juris-M, if that is of relevance.
  • We can only support Zotero.

Has Jurism even be updated with the built-in PDF reader? Again, the annotations won't appear in PDFs you open outside of Zotero.

If you don't see them in the built-in PDF reader in Zotero, see Changes Not Syncing.
  • I think that's the cause of the issue. Juris-M is still based on Zotero 5 and hasn't introduced the built-in PDF reader.
    So I take the annotations made in the iOS app can only be processed by the built-in PDF reader.

Any plan to make annotations universal and available to external PDF readers as well? Any license issues?