Zotero data not syncing

I've been happily using Zotero on my Mac, but yesterday was without my laptop and needed to use it online. To my shock, I discovered that data stopped syncing on January 25. I checked the documentation (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing) and none of those issues applies. I also tried, as an experiment, adding a new record to the online account to see whether it showed up on my local machine, and it did--which means that I have not inadvertently created two accounts. I'm thinking of using the reset options but thought I should post here before proceeding. Many thanks in advance for any advice.
  • If you're still having trouble, post to the Zotero Forums (in your existing thread, if you have one) with a Debug ID for the first sync after making a change that doesn't sync (e.g., making a change to the online library that doesn't appear in Zotero, or vice versa). Start debug output logging before making the change and keep it going until the sync has ended.
  • Thank you very much--here is the Debug ID: D1076078474.
  • edited April 28, 2022
    Note '[…]' too long for item '7935707/AQYUUB2E'
    Right, so this is #3 on that page. You're getting a sync error, indicated by an error icon to the left of the sync button after every sync attempt. If you click it the icon it will give you more info and should include a button to select the relevant item in your library.

You were pasting images into notes in earlier versions, when it wasn't officially supported and could break syncing. Zotero 6 now properly supports images in notes, and in most cases it should automatically convert the images to the new, supported format the first time you view the note. Until you view the note, it will remain in the old format and syncing likely won't work.
  • Thanks so much--I've gotten it straightened out now.