Add condition: If certain language -> do not write book titles in italics

Hello everybody,
I am using Chicago Manual 17th edition (full note) and have the following problem:

In the footnotes, book titles are written in italics. That is how I want it, unless it is a title that includes Chinese characters. For example:

Ye Zaisheng 葉再生, [italic starts here] Zhongguo jindai xiandai chuban tongshi 中国近代现代出版通史 [italic ends here], vol. 1 (Beijing: Huawen chubanshe, 2002), 687–722.

Chinese characters are never written in italics, and also it looks weird.

Ideally, there would be a way to only write the transliteration at the front (Zhongguo jindai xiandai chuban tongshi) in italics and leave the Chinese characters normal.

But I guess that is not possible. So my question is, can I add a condition in the style editor that leaves book titles 'normal', which I have listed as 'Chinese' in the database? If not, is there a way to leave all book titles normal, like article titles?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
Kevin
  • This is automatically done by Zotero’s citation processor—Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters are never written in italics
  • Well, I wish that was the case. Unfortunately I cannot send pictures here, but in the footnotes of my Word file Zotero does write book titles in italics, also those with Chinese characters in it.

Any other ideas?
  • edited April 28, 2022
    What style and version of Zotero? This shouldn’t happen
  • Zotero 6.0.6
    Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note) 16.1.2022