Two different sets of context options for annotation in note

If I add a highlight from the pdf reader to a note, and then click on the citation component in the note, sometimes I get the options 'Show Item : Edit Citation : Hide Citation' and sometimes I get 'Go to Page : Show Item : Edit Citation'.

I haven't been able to determine what causes one set or the other, but often I want the option to 'Hide Citation' but it isn't available. In fact, I currently have two highlights, two pages apart, one of which will consistently get one set, the other the other set. Clarification appreciated.
  • edited April 25, 2022
    One is for the annotation itself and one is for the citation. You can insert citations without annotations, so citations have a different set of options.
  • I've fixed it now. The one highlight stopped functioning as a linked annotation. I added it a few times (ie in consecutive lines in the note) and had the same result. I deleted the highlight, rehighlighted, added to note again, and now I'm getting the expected set of options. Strange, but I know what to do if it happens again.
  • For the sake of testing, I just now went back to add that highlight again, and it is once again not acting like a linked annotation in the note. When I click on the annotation part in the note, I get no options, as though it's just text. At no point did I 'unlink'. FYI.
  • Are you using a custom note template?

Can you provide a Debug ID for reproducing this in a new note?
  • D2123799006
    Not sure if it will be helpful. I opened a new note, enabled debug, added highlight to note, confirmed it wasn't linked, then submitted output. It is not a custom note template, but the pdf is for an item in a subcollection watched by Notero, in case that has anything to do with it.
  • D344758377
    Here's a slightly longer process, including creating a new note, creating a new highlight, adding to note, and confirming that it's just text plus citation.
  • Could also be related to the pdftranslate plugin, which has given me trouble before.