Invalid credentials provided

I reset my password and now I get the "invalid credentials provided" message when I attempt to login, even though the password reset was confirmed successful. I had to sign up for a new account to post to this forum because the system recognized that the email address and username (ubiquitin) was still in the system. Please advise (currently using v2.0b7.4 on a PC).
Best regards, Joyce Yang
  • My apologies. You wrongfully got caught up in a recent purge of spammers. This did not effect any syncing and all your information is still intact. You should be able to log in on that account again.
  • Hello,
    same thing for me. I manage a group and changed my email-owner for the group. Now i can't log in withe the ancient and the new email:

the group is Acquisitions_ENSL-Education
  • email registration@zot...org
  • I am getting the same problem, any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • I am getting the same problem november 2012 - I receive an email for password reset, password reset says successful, and I get the "invalid credentials provided" message when I try to log in with new password. I've had to create a new registration just to send this message. Please help, I really don't want to lose all my library.
    (can't remember user name, but email connected to it is chenry579_AT_gmail.com)
    Thanks,Christine
  • @christinekan check your email.
  • I am getting the same problem (treeks1@dodo.com.au....user name:treeks1). However, I needed to reinstall zotero on this computer and recieved the 'invalid credentials" message. Therefore to log my complaint on forums I had to set up a new account. I am now logged in on a new account but have no access to my library's or previous account. Perhaps it is justified to supply an email for issues whereby users cannot log in to communicate on the forum
  • Hi,

I am getting the same probleme here: invalid credentials provided when login into my account : dhajage@gmail.com

Password reset successfully, but can't access to my account...
  • I am having a devil of a time recovering my accounts after a hard drive replacement. I think I have two email addresses subscribed to Zotero, bu one library has more info than another. My name is Valerie Freseman. I would appreciate any help- I keep getting invalid credentials and no access.
  • I ran into the same problem. I changed my password but Zotero would not allow me to login, over and over again with the invalid credentials feedback from multiple browsers/computers. I was able to figure out my username, typed that instead of my email account and finally got in. Relief! Please offer support for login issues.
  • rdinws: Are you sure you weren't just entering the wrong email address? If you can reproduce the problem—meaning that your username and password work but your email address and password don't, email support@zotero.org with the email address you're using (don't include the password) and we'll take a look.
  • I have a colleague with the same issue - I am posting as she cannot access her account.

She reset the password and now gets the "invalid credentials provided" message when attempting to login, even though the password reset was confirmed successful.

The username and email are janice.diamond@lls.nsw.gov.au

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Make sure she tries logging in with the username (noted in the password reset email). Only the username and primary email address can be used to log in to zotero.org and sync.
  • Thanks fcheslack that did the trick, the wrong username was being used

different person to the tweeter
  • I am getting the same error after resetting my password several times, and my email is wall_whitney@yahoo.com
  • have you tried with your primary e-mail instead of username?
  • Yes, I always use the primary email (wall_whitney@yahoo.com), because I cannot remember my username. I just tried again also. I only opened an account through my gmail to post in the forum
  • Zotero makes its own distinction about primary email addresses. That's not the primary email address for your account. Responded via email.
  • I don't see an email response. I have tried with all of the 3 email accounts that I have.
  • I tried resetting password with a different email, and it worked!
  • I'm helping someone who is getting an "invalid credentials" message after resetting her password. She has tried logging in with her username and her primary email address. Any suggestions? Her username is ajk201.
  • that's here on the forums or on sync or both?
  • This is to get into her Zotero account to join a group library.
  • That username does not appear to exist. The username she registered with should be noted in the password recovery email.
  • Sorry -- I think the username is akj201. My apologies.
  • edited September 16, 2015
    Having the same problem. After resetting the password it says "Invalid credentials provided"

Username: NilsWer
  • Hullo,
    I am trying to authorize Zotero on the chrome extension after re-installing my OS. I had to re-set my password and now I am having the same issue, it says "Invalid credentials provided" with the correct email and new password. I had to register again to post here. The original email for my account that I would like to sync to chrome is clebovitz@bcgsc.ca
  • Hi,

My colleague has the same problem. She reset the password and gets the message "invalid credentials provided", even though the password reset was confirmed successful.

Her username is ceg@copenhageneconomics (email: ceg@copenhageneconomics.com)

Any help greatly appreciated
  • That's not the username associated with her account.
    The username is noted in the password reset email. She should also be able to log in using that email address.
This discussion has been closed.