Write a note in the highlighted text, the note box flashes back

As mentioned above, I recently found that when I input comments after highlighting PDF Text in the software, the comment box will close automatically. It usually happens once at the same highlighted text. When I manually click the text again, it usually doesn't happen again.

This flashback seems to be caused by a software box, but the software box will close itself soon. After using the screen recording software, it is found that there is no relevant information on the software box.

Appreciated!
  • Can you 1) provide a Debug ID of this happening and 2) make a screen recording, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here, or email the link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread? (We'll respond here.)
  • 1. Debug ID: D757739947
    2. screen record :https://www.jianguoyun.com/p/DfHbrfwQouCgBhjkj7gEIAA

if you need more information, please let me know.
  • edited April 19, 2022
    Error: 'left' and 'right' cannot both be deleted
    This shouldn't happen (and might've been caused by a plugin, since I don't think we've seen it before), but try emptying the trash.
  • Actually, I'm not sure what this error means.

I actually emptied the trash can and disabled all plug-ins before submitting the problem, but the problem still exists.

What should I do next, please?
  • At 00:11, for a fraction of second, an empty conflict resolution dialog appears and makes PDF reader to loose focus. Although no idea why it appears.
  • (You're not supposed to understand the error. We quote relevant error messages to make the thread easier to find in the future.)

It shouldn't be possible for you to be getting this with an empty trash in My Library. Can you check that again? Also check your database integrity in the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.

(You also had multiple plugins that weren't disabled when submitting the report, though that doesn't matter in this case.)
  • Yes.

I used to use the beta version of zotero 6.0. After the problem occurred, I updated the software to the official release version and tried to disable all plug-ins in plug-in management, but the problem still existed.

Now,Do I have to uninstall all plug-ins? What else can I do to fix it?
  • See my message above.
  • Alright, I'll try.

Wish you all the best today.
  • (And just to clarify, this is totally unrelated to the PDF reader. You're getting an error during file syncing. It just happens to have the effect of closing the annotation popup.)