Performance Mac

Hallo,

ich nutze Zotero auf einem MacBook Pro, beides in der aktuellsten Softwareversion.

Bei der Nutzung mit Word kommt es immer wieder zu Aussetzern, dass bspw. nach einem Klick auf AddCitation sich die Zotero Bibliothek öffnet, aber nicht das entsprechende Fenster zum einfügen eines Zitates. Gibt es Möglichkeiten die Zuverlässigkeit von Zotero zu verbessern?

Außerdem: Wenn ich ein Zitat einfüge und als locator „Seite“ wähle, wird automatisch vor der Seitenzahl „S.“ eingefügt. Wähle ich statt „Seite“ „Zeile“ wird nichts vor der entsprechenden Zahl eingefügt. Kann ich einstellen, dass bei Zeile automatisch stets „Rn.“ eingefügt wird?

Danke!

________

Hello,

I use Zotero on a MacBook Pro, both in the latest software version.

When using Zotero with Word, there are always interruptions, e.g. after clicking on AddCitation, the Zotero library opens, but not the corresponding window for inserting a citation. Is there a way to improve the reliability of Zotero?

Also, when I insert a citation and select "Page" as the locator, "S." is automatically inserted before the page number. If I choose "line" instead of "page", nothing is inserted before the corresponding number. Can I set that "Rn." is always automatically inserted for line?

Thank you!
  • When using Zotero with Word, there are always interruptions, e.g. after clicking on AddCitation, the Zotero library opens, but not the corresponding window for inserting a citation. Is there a way to improve the reliability of Zotero?
    Not sure exactly what you mean here — the citation window should of course always open. If you're not seeing it, make sure that it's not just appearing behind your other Zotero window. We try to bring it to the front, but depending on your system configuration (e.g., other software), it can sometimes appear behind the main Zotero window.
    If I choose "line" instead of "page", nothing is inserted before the corresponding number.
    What citation style? In the German locale, you should see "Z." before the line number. That works for me.
  • Thank you for the answer.

In fact, only the Word window changes to Zotero, but not to the extra window for selecting the corresponding source. In this case, Zotero must be completely restarted for it to work again.

I use a slightly modified version of Juristische Zitierweise - Öffentliches Recht (https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:juristische-zitierweise-offentliches-recht). There, no text is added to the locator "line".
  • Well, again, the citation window is likely just behind the Zotero window. This can also happen if you accidentally click behind the citation window rather than closing it properly. If you think the citation window actually isn't appearing, we'd want to see a Debug ID for reproducing that.

The stock Juristische Zitierweise - Öffentliches Recht style doesn't add a label before locators — it just shows them in parentheses. If you have a question about a custom style, start a new thread and include a link to the style code (a GitHub Gist, Pastebin, or similar).