[Zotero 6] Search for alternative "search any" behaving as coniunction "search all"

I am try to find documents who contain word X or word Y
I could search "Attachement content contians" word X and have many results
I am setting Match any of the following
When I add second condition "Attachement content contians" word Y I am getting only these results that contain both of these words

I am on 6.0.5-beta.2+c510d9146 on Mac
  • I am experiencing a similar issue with the Advanced Search window in the Windows desktop version. But I can only replicate it when tags are involved and I want to search both item info and tags (which is indeed my use case).

I was able to recreate the problem using the following steps:
    1. Create a New Group...
    2. Create an item titled "apple"
    3. Create an item titled "orange" and add the tag "apple"
    4. Change the search to Match "any"
    5. Change the field to "Any Field" and type "apple" in the search box
    6. Click "Search" and you get both items returned, as expected
    7. Click the plus button to add a second search term and type "orange" in the search box.
    8. Click "Search" and only one item is returned (orange, which is tagged apple). The expected result would be to return both items.
    This has got to be a bug, right?

I suspect it's now treating the search as "Match all" instead of "Match any", but that would require a bit more testing.

Doing these steps does not result in any errors in the Debug Output. Here's my setup.

version => 6.0.26, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.26, extensions => ZotFile (5.1.2, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.3.SA.6.0.26, extension)
  • edited June 13, 2023
    Similar here: searching for "any field" "contains" "tracer" yields 4 hits, searching for "any field" "contains" "trigger" yields 11 hits, but combined with "Match any" there is no hit.

Seems to have to to with the "any field" selector, for when doing the above test with "title" "contains" , then the results are merged correctly (15 hits)

(Zotero 6.0.26, and in 7.0.0-beta.10+ffd6a988e as well)